Croatia "Cadets"

Any topics about EuroLeagues past or present

Croatia "Cadets"

Postby luckyshow » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:11 am

Here is a random page
http://ksz-zagreb.hr/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=108&Itemid=129

This page has results for a specific league. Go to Natjecanja which means competition. Go to kadeti under that, then Liga I, this page is what appears if you click the rezults option. If you go into this, you will not find dates for games, you will find game numbers, but as you go from page to page, supposedly the same current season, sometimes this numbering sequence goes back to 1.

If you choose resporad, this means schedule, you, or rather, I, can't find the entire season to match up games. I haven't even gotten to finding player's first names. Probably have to find rosters of specific teams.

kadetkinje and kadeti, how are they different? I had found other such lists, but nothing matches up. I am not sure this is confusing just due to it being in a foreign tongue...

If anyone can explain the difference between all the different cadets and how to match the games with dates.....thanks
luckyshow

Re: Croatia "Cadets"

Postby petroslav » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Kadetkinje are female cadets.
petroslav

Postby luckyshow » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:19 pm

I found a lot, but much is still a puzzle. There are Juniors, Kadets and mladi cadets which seems to be older. Not sure of age groups, nor why certain results have no matching schedules, especially the Qualification rounds., . Plus I found some results elsewhere that seem elided from these lists. Quite confusing.
luckyshow

Postby tpakrac » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:27 pm

I just saw your comments, otherwise I would comment earlier. Petroslav is right, kadetkinje are female cadets. Of the three groups you mentioned (juniors, kadets and mladi cadets) juniors are the oldest (ages 16-19 I believe). Kadets are ages 16-17 if I'm not mistaken or even 15-16 and mladi cadets are the youngest group. Actually, there is one more group not mentioned here, which is the youngest of them all, it's called pioniri (pioneers). So age groups would go like this: pioniri, mladi kadets, kadets and juniors. Of course, if someone who is playing for kadets is extremely talented he can be switched to juniors, just like Drazen Petrovic was when he started playing basketball. In fact, he even played several games for seniors of his hometown club of Sibenka when he was 15 years old! He was a cadet playing for seniors. He didn't play much, but cases like this are extremely rare. Ricky Rubio is the last example.

As for finding player's first names in Croatia, believe me, you will not find them at all. Every sports media in Croatia list only last names. One sports media lists full names, but only for division one professional basketball.
tpakrac

Postby tpakrac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 pm

I am researching history of Croatian championships involving young cadets, cadets and junior cadets. Also researching the same for Yugoslav league.

Here are age groups in Croatian league:

Mladi kadeti (young cadets) - 14-year olds and younger
Kadeti (cadets) - 16-year olds and younger
Juniori (juniors) - 18-year olds and younger

Old Yugoslav league:
Kadeti (cadets) - 17-year olds and younger
Juniori (juniors) - 19-year olds and younger

So far, I have absolutely nothing on young cadets in Yugoslavian league, maybe they didn't even play, I can't tell for sure.
tpakrac

Return to Euro Leagues