Three digit football scores (for one team)

Anything and everything NOT related to the P, the B, or the R in "APBR"

Three digit football scores (for one team)

Postby luckyshow » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 pm

This chart looks crappy in Chrome. Chrome doesn't support the small font
http://www.luckyshow.org/football/High%20Scoring%20Games.htm

I list all 1910 and later college games as NCAA, but this is probably wrong. Was there a designation for smaller colleges that maybe weren't in NCAA in 1930s and before? I think at least one black colleges game is listed here, for instance, and perhaps some state Normal schools or State schools were different. Not sure how to designate many, not that they cared much at the time. Note that I use the school names used at the time, when I can. Without usually any further explanations or notes about who they are today.
luckyshow

Re: Three digit football scores (for one team)

Postby John Grasso » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Great list, Paul, as usual. A few comments -

1 - The infamous Georgia Tech 222-0 defeat of Cumberland College has been written about
in a 1983 book called "You Dropped It, You Pick it Up" by Jim Paul, Ed's Publishing, Baton Rouge, La.

2 - Did Cumberland also lose another game on that same date - Oct. 7, 1916? You show them
losing to Sewanee 107-0 on the same date as the Georgia Tech game.

3 - My records show Kankakee, Illinois 14 October 1916: St. Viator College defeats Lane Technical Institute, 205-0. Leo Schlick of St. Viator scores exactly 100 points in the game on 12 touchdowns and 28 of 29 extra points.
John Grasso

Re: Three digit football scores (for one team)

Postby luckyshow » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:34 am

I fixed the Cumberland error, they scored the other high one the week before. I have now added a lot to the list since yesterday
luckyshow

Return to Off-Topic Discussions