APBRmetrics

The discussion of the analysis of basketball through objective evidence, especially basketball statistics.
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 pm 

Hey all,
I am doing a research paper on NBA player performance and earning potential before and after injury. I got all of the performance data I needed (stats from B-R.com and databasebasketball.com), but still I need salary and injury data.

Ideal salary data would include player name, annual salary, and flags to indicate whether a particular year represents the 1st or last year of a deal. USA today has most of that info, but not flags for 1st/last year. Shamsports.com has all of the info, but not in a user friendly format (i need one big excel file with all of the data and don't have time to manually input notes).

Ideal injury data would include player name, type of injury, date of injury, and length of time on the IL. Prosportstransactions.com has some good info, but it's not in a usable format. it would take ages to download. I understand that there's a NBA trainers' association database of injuries, but can't find it anywhere.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Chris

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:38 am 

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-player-salaries/
you could cut n paste the 11/12 salary data into excel
it has final year flags

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/contracts
has the date signed
you could clean it up by cut n paste into excel then go text to columns then cleanup and sort
I've done that a few times.

injuries

Prosportstransactions.com is probably the best injury database out there. it seems very easy to cut n paste into excel and then manipulate to me. i doubt you will find better or easier. length of injury would take comparison to a game log but there is going to work involved. maybe somebody has already done it and will share though.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

My injury data for the last three seasons would probably fit your needs. You can email me through BasketballProspectus.com about working something out.