Trade speculation

Home for all your discussion of basketball statistical analysis.
Crow

Trade speculation

Post by Crow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Which of these would you try to trade or acquire (in general or for specific team)?

B Bass
Lance Stephenson
Dion Waiters
Wilson Chandler
Josh Smith
Luis Scola
Corey Brewer
JR Smith
Andrew Nicholson
E Kanter

bondom343

Re: Trade speculation

Post by bondom343 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 am

For OKC, I'd be interseted in Smith and Dalembert for Perkins.

Stephenson as well, but they wouldn't have a realistic offer.

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:00 pm

For OKC from this motley list of mostly rejects, I 'd have mild interest in Bass. I liked Nicholson in past but haven't looked closely, recently.

Crow

Post by Crow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Rondo moving.

Who next to a contender? Trade action always seems too low to me. GMs trying to get a plus deal and not seeing enough of the value of "fair deals" in abstract that might be winners based on context.

BigLeagueInsights

Post by BigLeagueInsights » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 am

Rumor is Brewer to Rockets. I think he'd help them and they need to use the Lin money.

Statman

Post by Statman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 am

Crow wrote:Rondo moving.

Who next to a contender? Trade action always seems too low to me. GMs trying to get a plus deal and not seeing enough of the value of "fair deals" in abstract that might be winners based on context.
If I find the time tomorrow, I might see how my projections saw Dallas & Boston finishing the season with the before the trade rosters, & where the projections see them now.

I HATE seeing Wright leave Dallas - I never understood why that guy couldn't get more court time. But, maybe Greg Smith will now see more court time for the Mavs - my projections like him despite his limited minutes this season.

My projections thought little of Crowder before this season, & Nelson has been worse than my about 5% below NBA average projection. Addition by subtraction there.

Losing Wright & draft picks though - that hurts. Rondo better help defensively somehow, because it is almost impossible to be more efficient offensively than the Mav team before trade. I can't imagine the Mavs being better after trade, unless Smith or someone else puts up Wright level production - which would be darn near impossible.

I hope I find the time, I'm curious how the numbers look. It'll probably look a bit like a wash for this season.

If the Celts are smart - they'll give Wright > 30 mpg, at least.

FWIW, in May my model had Wright as the 33rd best career WAR projection (based on optimum possible minutes) of all current NBAers. Rondo was 61st. http://hoopsnerd.com/wp-content/uploads ... reers.xlsx

If I were a Celtics fan, I'd be quite happy personally. As a Mavs fan, I'm not keen at losing Wright & picks at all - even though Rondo should fit in decently with the roster. Still can't imagine this team getting to the finals - even if somehow Chandler & Dirk & Rondo stay healthy all year. So, still not getting to the finals AND sacrificing future is tough for me to swallow.

But, maybe everyone stays healthy, Rondo fits PERFECTLY, & Greg Smith becomes Wright lite production/playing time wise, & the Mavs shock everyone to win it all. This trade was like buying a lottery ticket, can't win if you don't play I guess.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:52 am

Foubd this article which has dome interesting summary findings about trade history: https://statofmind.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... nba-teams/