Speculative trade connections

Home for all your discussion of basketball statistical analysis.
Crow

Speculative trade connections

Post by Crow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 am

I don't spend much time brainstorming trades but I took a brief look at who seems most likely to be expendable for teams and what they might want for them. I identified about 30 guys and then tried to make mutually interesting connections. These are the first ideas that arose to me. I am not presenting finished, perfected trades just possibilities that might be worked on. Concur, reject, refine if you wish or counter with your own.

1. ATL (Schroeder, Ilyasova, Belinelli) - UT (Exum, Burks, other stuff)

2. Some combo of BOS (Smart) CHO (MKG) CHI (Mirotic) PHI (A Johnson)

3. DAL (D Harris) - DEN (Mudiay)

4. CLE (Love) - LAL (Lopez, Clarkson, Randle)

5. TOR (Wright, Miles, Noguiera) - PHX (Monroe)

Starting ideas, not cap matched, fully balanced, but I think they could be finished- IF the initial idea interests.

Crow

Re: Speculative trade connections

Post by Crow » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:40 am

Wiggins deal looks even worse than it did at time. Are any teams insane enough to trade for him, by deadline or more likely in summer? Maybe. Suns, Kings, Nets? Nuggets? It will take creative insanity. Wolves likely aren't even considering. Insanity.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Woj says Lakers have "given up on trading" Deng.

This notion came to me: Clarkson, Randle, Deng for Favors, Burks, Johnson.
Who says no? I'd think this or a tweeked version might be mutually acceptable for their circumstances but maybe not.

bondom343

Post by bondom343 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:54 am

The Jazz players are all much more useful, and the Lakers want cap space.

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:37 pm

The Jazz players mentions are all summer free agents. Favors might be of interest to sign (to serve mainly as a Center and to reassure big free agents that they have someone decent there to do tha work) or trade n sign. Burks and / or Johnson could be decent signings for scraps (less than the guys going out) if they don't get what they want. I don't see their plan A working but this allows them to try.

Jazz might like Clarkson as an additional scorer for the price, Randle for the firm right to match (vs. Favors going where he wants). Deng might not be so bad for a share of shots in a team spread shot distribution by a Duke coach. Add a couple second rounders or Hart or Nance if needed.

Crow

Post by Crow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 pm

I was close on 1.5 of these 5 thoughts from almost 2 months ago.