Seasonal Basketball Operations Associate, Analytics with Chicago Bulls

Home for all your discussion of basketball statistical analysis.
miabbett

Seasonal Basketball Operations Associate, Analytics with Chicago Bulls

Post by miabbett » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi everyone,

The Bulls are looking to fill the new position of Seasonal Basketball Operations Associate, Analytics. For those interested, all potential candidates are required to apply at the following link: https://www.teamworkonline.com/employme ... es/1942818

Please review the attached linked for additional details regarding the opening, and let me know if you have any inquiries that aren't covered by the post.

Miles Abbett
Chicago Bulls, Basketball Analytics Coordinator

eminence

Re: Seasonal Basketball Operations Associate, Analytics with Chicago Bulls

Post by eminence » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 pm

Won't be applying myself, but I'd like to thank you for putting this out here.
Last edited by eminence on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miabbett

Post by miabbett » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:13 pm

eminence wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 pm
Won't be applying mysel, but I'd like to thank you for putting this out here.
Absolutely, I know how many great potential candidates are on this forum, so it's the least I could do. I received a lot of help here from NBA personnel before I started working with the Bulls, and I know firsthand how few opportunities there are to break into the industry. We'll be reviewing all applications at the previously attached link and hope that more than a few of them come from people here

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Has it been decided that this position is AND WILL REMAIN seasonal? Will candidates have a reasonable chance to go permanent (into another position)? Folks may wonder.

Tweeted it to a few people.

miabbett

Post by miabbett » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Crow wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:47 pm
Has it been decided that this position is AND WILL REMAIN seasonal? Will candidates have a reasonable chance to go permanent (into another position)? Folks may wonder.

Tweeted it to a few people.
Much appreciated. I wish I had a definitive answer in regards to the length of the position, but I unfortunately won't know exactly until towards the end of the season and therefore have to say that the only thing guaranteed is the upcoming season. That being said, I just finished my fourth season with the Bulls, the last three of which have been as a full time employee, and my first season was spent in a position almost identical to this one without any long-term promises. At the very least, the person who is hired will get the chance to work directly with our front office staff who have connections all across the league as well as get a foot into the door of the industry. The potential for more is there, but we won't know what exactly that entails until next year's offseason approaches.